Thursday, October 16, 2014

Confirmation...

God called us to homeschool quite awhile ago.  I was disobedient and well my hubby just wasn't on board...so it was easy for me to continue in disobedience.  You can read all about that whole experience a few blog posts back...all about hubby's heart change, kid's last day of public school etc. This post is about a little slice of confirmation God gave me today.  I don't know about you but I LOVE a little "job well done,"  "I notice you,"  etc from the Lord.  My husband aside, I have very little support and encouragement in my life when it comes to my kids and family (although the Lord is changing that)!!!!  We started homeschooling on Valentines Day this year!  That's our anniversary homeschool date!  During that week Brett & Eli came up with the name "Frey Family Jedi Academy" because my son was over the top in love with Star Wars at the time (still is)...thanks to an awesome garage sale where we acquired a couple boxes of vintage Star Wars toys!  My son has read every Star Wars book he could get his hands on since!  I should seriously give that man a thank you note!  I know some people (even homeschoolers) think its odd to call our homeschooling an academy, maybe it is, but for us its adding spice and fun.  Well today we opened our AMAZING Apologia Bible book and BOOYAH they use Star Wars in the lesson.  No really they did!!!!  This conservative wonderful Bible Curriculum used something my son LOVES to teach a message about God!  This post isn't about if Star Wars is fit for a seven year old to indulge in, this post is about how AWESOME God is to give this Momma a little bit of "See I knew it all before you even started!"  "I will guide you through this, I know its hard, but I got you covered."  He knows the plans he has for us, plans to prosper us, not to harm us, plans to give us HOPE AND A FUTURE!  (para Jeremiah 29:11).
Love the Lord through obedience, trust him to guide you with your portion.  He is faithful, he will show himself to you!  He is (my children are learning the characteristics of God this week)...Omnipotent, Omnipresent, omniscient, eternal, and holy (also perfect spelling words!)  Trust him, He is THE FORCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment