Tuesday, January 6, 2015

8 yrs ago today...

Its January 5th, 2007 6pm in the evening.  My dear friend Elisha Houk-Farmer is shooting some fantastic pictures of me and my fantastically huge belly.  I'm due any day, a boy!  I always dreamed of having a son. Elisha knows how to work magic, she is draping me, turning me, adding Brett into a couple shots.  You wouldn't know it, but this is her FIRST pregnancy shoot.  I talked her into it because I wanted these pictures so bad...and I trusted Elisha to deliver something beautiful.  This wouldn't be the last family photo shoot with Elisha, but it would be the last one with me in labor! She noticed my face turning red, and asked if I was ok.  Sure!  I was having a blast.  Who knew you could be in labor and have a great time shooting pics?  She was more concerned about me than the pictures...gasp!  :)  I insisted I was fine and that we keep shooting.  Three hours later we finished the shoot and I told Brett that we were indeed in labor.  He panics a bit.  Hustles and bustles about and we head to Champaign.  Its close to midnight. I think.  We are so relieved that we got the pics taken. We let Elisha know we were on our way to the hospital, we all laughed a bit. And then it all starts to happen so fast. Its so exciting...the arrival of a precious fragile life. Hand knit by God with the best parts of me, and the best parts of Brett and the wonder of our Majestic creator.
He is beautiful.  Every finger and toe accounted for. And his Daddy's earlobes...I love those ears. The perfect all natural birth, made possible by our fantastic midwife. Its in those moments...when everything collides into perfection, hand orchestrated only by our heavenly Father that I rejoice in his faithfulness.  He is so good to us.  We truly are blessed beyond measure.  HAPPY 8TH BIRTHDAY ELI DANIEL FREY!









January 6th, 2007 at 2:11am
7 pounds 8 oz.  19.5 inches long.
Midwife: Cathy Hinton

No comments:

Post a Comment